Thursday 28 April 2016

A Dusty Journal!

Hello!

I'm back with you today to share a journal that I altered. I've been doing a 12-week fitness challenge at a gym and we have to keep a journal for it. We are split into teams and they told us to decorate our journals in our team colours. As you can imagine, asking a scrapper to decorate a journal was like asking the sun to shine or the wind to blow - it's just what we do naturally!

Here's what I made:


I used Dusty Attic paints on the background through a Dusty Attic stencil. I then splashed some Magicals around. Here's what the first layers looked like.


I added a few more layers of paints and Magicals to get the final effect.

I LOVE this chippie scroll. I simply painted it in silver and let it shine!


It's quite hard to stencil on a surface that has already been stenciled on as the surface becomes uneven and wet mediums seep under the stencils, so I stenciled the butterflies onto a piece of white cardstock, cut them out and glued them onto the cover. It was slow work but I love the white borders around the butterflies as it helps them to stand out from the background.

These are the Dusty Attic products I used:

Decorative Frame #1 DA0207

Circuit Stencil DA 1322

Butterflight Stencil DA1493

Dusty in Colour Paints in Oceania,
Denim, Dusty Pink and Silver

Bookman ABC Set DA0666



Happy scrappin'!


Heather

PS - I've lost 7 kilos in the challenge so far and am sooo much fitter! Woohoo!




8 comments:

  1. 7 kILOS!! WOW!!! well done Heather.. I love your canvas.. of course blue is my favourite color! love the chippie frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..Looks Beautiful ! I loved the background a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Heather beautiful journal cover and a big congrats with your 12 week challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Heather! Way to go girl! What an accomplishment and your journal is perfect...I love the background and the butterflies in motion....I wouldn't be surprised if you get some requests from your teamies to alter their journals as well lol, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwww! I love love love this! LOVING the colors and the butterflies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly, good on you with the weight loos - that's fabulous----as is your cover. My FAVEST colours!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover....love the colours and styling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. why not try this out w6k89e5d45 Ysl replica replica bags thailand replica bags lv gucci fake o0g19v0m26 replica bags replica bags prada you can try these out k7f08w9j70 replica bags paypal

    ReplyDelete