Friday 1 January 2016

The First Ever 'More Than Words' Reveal!

Hello! Welcome to the New Year and our new challenge blog! I'm so excited - it seems like we've been waiting for this day forever.

In case you haven't heard about More Than Words yet, you can pop over HERE for a look. We are six members from the recently finished Scrap Around The World team who wanted to carry on the tradition of providing a fabulous, inspirational, world-wide challenge site.

We hope you like what we've created!

Here's my layout for the first challenge:



Our very first challenge is to use to be influenced by the word "Personality" and to use a Selfie in your project. Here's the stunning Challenge Board:


I found the hardest part of this challenge was to take a selfie. I'm hopeless at them! Anyway, I took heaps and finally got one that I was half happy with. I believe it's important to get ourselves in front of the camera sometimes. I have hundreds of photos of special events where there is no record of me even being there as I was always behind the camera!

As this page is about me, I used my favourite scrappy things - teal colours, white cardstock, Tinby Designs Metallic Melts and Dusty Attic chippies. I also added extra words cos I'm a word type of girl!

I painted my Dusty Attic feather with a white paint pen - this is great for colouring it while still keeping the fine details intact. I coloured the beads with paint then added Clear Gloss Varnish on top for a more dimensional look. I created a loopy line across the page with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals then looped a piece of wire above it.



I love the look of Metallic Melts on chippies.



My title came about by seeing so many people fail to be happy with life because they don't plan to achieve whatever it is they want. I believe a satisfying life doesn't just happen, we have to make it happen. 



I really hope you can join in our very first challenge! You can find it HERE.

Happy scrappin'!


Heather


16 comments:

  1. Wow! Just Fabulous Heather! Love your selfie:) great use of white pen with so many beautiful chippies!
    Wishing You A very Happy New Year filled with joy, health and stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Heather and such a gorgeous selfie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. Most DEFFO will try to join in....great first challenge....gorgeous girl you are..... you look STUNNING here! But I KNOW what you mean re: Selfies.....but I reckon I'm getting better...... LOVING the melts on the chippy, of course, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is gorgeous! LOVING that photo of you and loving the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous challenge, I have made a note of it.. Hoping I have more scrap time now Christmas and new year is over... Love your layout, pretty photo too, I am hopeless at taking selfies.. I have to get my teenage daughter to help me! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous page Heather and so awesome for your first reveal! Loving the fab colours and beautiful deatils, along with the gorgeous photo of you! ;-) Also just popping in to wish you a fabulous 2016 and hoping that it will be an awesome year for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Heather, very elegant and stylish! Love the embellishments❤️ I think one can safely say the first reveal has been a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big congratulations on your new undertaking!! I think it'so awesome that some of you are wiling to put in all thet work so that the rest of us can have our monthly challenges. You have been doing a great job and from what I can tell this new adventure will be a big success!! Good luck!! Oh, and the page looks lovely. I am lousy at taking selfies and always look in the wrong direction....Yours on the other hand looks great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new challenge site! Loving your take and that super cute selfie. My fave thing is that squiggly line on the left!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new scrappy adventure! I love, love, LOVE what you did with this layout! You did a great job on that selfie. I find them a challenge too. All the best to you and yours for a wonderful 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photo Heather! Love all the chipboard designs and inky trail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning layout Heather...gorgeous photo! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooooooo GORGEOUS, Heather! I love the wonderful photo of you and how you celebrated your personality here! I want to thank you for encouraging me to enter the More than Words challenge! I also want to give you a heads up - Challenge YOUrself is an "Anything Goes" challenge this month and all you need to have is a photo of YOU! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the reveal of this new challenge blog. I hope that I will get time to play along. Your page is always a surprise...you are so creative and your page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you can try these out dolabuy ysl click here for more info dolabuy.ru click here for more high replica bags

    ReplyDelete