Sunday 13 December 2015

Dusty in December

Hello Dusty friends! I'm back with you today with my layout for The Dusty Attic  for December. Before I show you, did you know that you can win a $100 Dusty Attic voucher? Wouldn't that come in handy at this time of year? All you have to do is enter this month's challenge and be the winner!

Here's what I made:


I used the inspiration board in several ways. Firstly, here it is:


Isn't it beautiful? I used the word Bliss on my layout and took my cues for my photo choice from the cosy, relaxing scene. I started off using only the colours from the inspiration board, but I'm a teal fan and I just couldn't help adding a bit, then a bit more!

That long wriggly piece behind the photo is a waste piece! Never throw out any interesting shapes - you never know when they will come in handy!


I layered up the background with Dusty Attic texture paste, some Dusty Attic stencils and, of course, Dusty Attic paint! I added some Magicals for extra pow. I've used Tinby Designs Metallic Melts on the frame, words, squiggly waste piece and hearts. I love this effect! 

Do you like the frame? - that's my own design! I love the funkiness of it.


Don't you just love these little hearts? They come in a pack of a mix of shapes and are fantastic value. You can use them on just about any project.


The triangles were made using a Dusty attic stencil that was made specifically for the escape2create retreat last year. I use it a lot!


The Dusty Attic products I used are:

Winged Frame Set DA 1343

waste piece from Lacy Border #3 DA 1344

Mini Hearts #2 DA 0990

Bookman ABC Set DA 0666

Mini ABC Set Lower DA 0862

Fan Stencil DA 1320

Texture Paste DA 1218

Dusty Attic paints in Oceania, Bisque, Pesto and Cranberry.

And of course, my ever-faithful....
Clear Gloss varnish DA 0901
(I use this to glue everything!)




Happy scrappin'!

Heather








11 comments:

  1. GLORIOUS mix of colours....LOVE your frame [clever clogs!] & the texture your melts gives is totally YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic, love the frame and the zig zaggy bit how fabulous it looks too.. love the embossing.. great take for the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Heather, this is pure bliss .. love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A funky, arty feel to this inspirational page. Clever gal to design that gorgeous frame and I love the background paper :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the little triangles and the frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really so funky and fresh...I love the chippies, the colouring and the design! So fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffe and bliss? I can totally relate! Great page and yes, I adore your funky frame! Fabulous, artsy page!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, really love the blue and the hearts are pretty cute. A really fabulous design , loving the triangles and your frame. Gosh there is a lot to love, just lovely
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Heather! Love all the chipboard pieces especially the fancy frame that you designed! Great photo surrounded with so many fab items!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW Heather!! I'm totally in love with the melts you use on your chipboard.. its so cleverly effective and rich! LOVE!
    THanks so much for your lovely comments too! I've been missing in action... but on holidays now! So glad I came to see what you've been up too... now off to see about those 'meltls!

    ReplyDelete