Thursday 19 March 2015

A Bright and Sunny Dusty Attic

Hi there!

I'm back today to share another Dusty Attic project. I was looking for something in my paper stash the other day and I came across a pack of older papers. I just dismissed them then, as I shifted them forward, the back of one of them caught my eye. The yellow paper was gorgeous! I promptly pulled out the pack and ended up using some parts of the other papers as well. I didn't particularly like some of them much but it just worked! There were also rub-ons in the pack which again were quite dated but I liked what they did to the page.


As you can see, having a striking photo and some fantastic Dusty Attic chippies helps! I had previously spray-painted a whole sheet of chevrons white. It's great when you can just grab a piece and it's already painted. It only takes a few moments to spray-paint a whole sheet so this is a really time-effective thing to do.

I painted the leaves of the daffodil in Jungle Green, the petals in Navajo White, the sticky-outy bit in Cashmere and the centre in Sunshine. This really isn't hard to do and the paint dries so quickly. All the other chippies were painted in Soot.


I've scattered some Heidi Swapp stamping around the background.




Don't forget to join in the Dusty Attic challenge this month. There's a whopping $100 Dusty Attic prize to be won!

Dusty Attic products used:

Chevron Panel large DA 1066

Daffodils DA 1082

Elegant Swirl #3 DA 1123

Stars #3 DA 1153

mini Stars DA 1040

Dusty in Colour Paints 

Thanks so much for dropping in!



Happy scrappin'!


Heather

You can see more of Heather's work at www.heathermcmahon09.blogspot.com.au












13 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! The colours are so fresh & vibrant!! It's great when you can use items that you've had for ages & give them new life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Heather, love the chevron border strip and such a good feeling to use something that has been in the stash for a while too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO - love that you add bits of cotton around too - so effective! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is always so eye catching...love the warmth of this page...and I love the scattered chippies and embellishments. Gorgeous page Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely beautiful, eye catching layout Heather. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funky, fun, sunny and fresh! A fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the stars and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous, gorgeous colorful LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS! New fave.....love that you've added black into the yellow mix...it really looks stunning. LOVE the stars, the swirl chippy [just used mine this week, too!!!]. BRILL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! The colours just pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very eye catching, Heather....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous,love those yummy chippies

    ReplyDelete