Wednesday 25 February 2015

An Off The Rails Tutorial

Hello! I'm back with you today to share how I made my February layout for Off The Rails.

Firstly, here's my layout:



Step 1 
Use a Studio M Designs paint scraper, or anything that creates a corrugated edge, to apply gesso to the right side of the page.




Step 2 
Stamp stars of various sizes around the area with black ink. I used Heidi Swapp stamps.



Step 3
Trim some strips of white cardstock and stamp sentiments on them. Again, I used Heidi Swapp stamps.



Step 4
Cut strips of papers and layer these, plus your stamped strips, under the photo. I used Webster's Pages paper.



Step 5
Colour the Dusty Attic chipboard flourish (this one is called Vintage Flourish) with three colours of paint. I used Dusty Attic white, pink and pale green (the photo below has a colour issue!). Coat them in white, pink and green Beck BT's Tinby Designs Metallic Melts and heat to set.



Step 6
To finish off, trim a centimetre from two sides of the background paper and adhered it to white cardstock. Fussy cut elements from Webster's Pages and October Afternoon papers and back the photo with paper. Add a title and date and you're done!

I hope you can join in the Off The Rails challenge this month. You can find the challenge here.



Happy scrappin'!


Heather

9 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, so love your layout and love the step by steps too.. enjoy being Off the Rails hehe!! and I just put my layout up for there today! I hope you likey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome aint the 'alf of it! LOOOOOVE and adore this & it's nice to see how you constructed it....loving the different colours on the chippy thing you've got going atm, too. Looks brill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING how you created that background, the photo and the little car!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic LO,love the instructions and I also like the multi coloured chippie and stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great Heather, love all the layering of the strips and stamp work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout and the step by step is great. Love the colours and the mix of papers. Fab photo and just a divine layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolute gorgeous page. Thank you for the step by step.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I really like that background paper too!!

    ReplyDelete