Monday 1 September 2014

My First 7 Dots Challenge

Hi there.

I've just got back from a very busy Melbourne Paperific Expo. I was working on the stand for Scrappy Chat Designs and Tinby Designs and we were flat out most of the time. It was fabulous to catch up with old friends and to put faces to the names of a few facebook friends. Of course, I met so many wonderful new ladies as well.

Fortunately, our stand was next to Hobbysew Echuca, who happen to be one of the few Aussie stockists of 7 Dots products. I had been keen to give them a go so Karen very kindly brought some papers down for me. I wasted no time in using them!

I decided to enter the August/September challenge at 7 Dots. The theme is "Five Senses". You can find the challenge here.


My daughter is 19 and is experiencing her first year away from home. She is facing many new situations this year so I decided to go with the title "Listen to your Heart". She has everything in her to make the right choices, all she has to do is listen to what she already knows.


I really enjoyed using the 7 Dots papers. They are thick and strong and take mixed media really well. Before I put my embellishments on top I sat the finished background under a stack of heavy chipboard overnight and my page is now completely flat. I'm very impressed! My background paper is from the Cold Country range and the tags under the photo are from the Nature Walk range.

I've used texture paste through a stencil on the right hand side then sprayed with Heidi Swapp Color Shine. I've added some stamping and some purple ink through a Crafters Workshop stencil.


I've painted my Dusty Attic chipboard with Dusty Attic paints (of course!) and added a splash of purple from my ink pad.


I've used Metallic Melts on my Dusty Attic title and used Color Shine to paint the stamped hearts gold. I used a brush with the purple ink pad to paint the heart on the right which I fussy cut out.


I gave the 7 Dots tags a light spray with the Color Shine to tie them in with the rest of the layout. I adore these little Bo Bunny heart stamps.

I hope you can join in at the 7 Dots challenge this month.

Thanks so much for dropping in.

Happy Scrappin'!

Heather

23 comments:

  1. Yes our kids need to fly the nest but we are always here to listen and urge them on in their journey.. Love this layout Heather, love the drips and all the texture is amazing.. love the smaller photo too.. and it sounds like a wonderful time was had on the weekend for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really 'grown up' looking page, if that makes sense? The little hearts are really cute & I LOOOVE what you've done to the chippy title:):) I'm glad you got your hands on some of the 7 Dots papers....I was lucky to win some over at Scrapki Wyzwaniowo....& they have LOTS up for grabs in this month's challenge......just a neighbourly suggestion!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning page. I love the drips of your paint and those little stamped hearts are such an awesome touch. Hope you don't suffer empty nest syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous layout & sentiment. I'm very grateful my girl is still at home, not ready for that ;) I've just got my hands on these gorgeous papers too...I've been itching to join in as well & you are right, their paper is lovely & thick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful layout Heather! Thank you so much for joining us at 7Dots. I am so glad you like the papers. The weight of them is outstanding for mixed media as you've experienced now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous!!!! I love love love the colors, the textures and the hearts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is sensational! Love the stamping, drips, and all the texture you created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this layout! The background is amazing and I love the colors you've used. I congratulate you for your beautiful projects Heather!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, that's perfect and she is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful textures! And I love the colour combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with this challenge, Heather! You used the colors and papers beautifully! What a wonderful photo! and I love your title, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome Heather. So glad I could help out with the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout! Love the mixed melts title. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful Heather, how striking are those flowers love the whimsical feel they give to the page! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing with us at 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout!!! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow....such an artsy and gorgeous page! Love those chippies on the right hand side! Gorgeous theme too......

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an amazing background. Love the colours - so artsy and cool. I can't believe it has been so long since I visited :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layout! great background! Thank you for playing with us at 7 Dots Studio challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous layout! I love the colors and the composition! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovin' the giant pop of color :) Thanks for joining us @ 7 Dots Studio♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. adorable LO!! thanks for joining us at the 7 Dots challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Listen to your heart" - one of the most important messages! Adorable layout - I love the colors you have used! Thank you for playing along with us at 7 Dots Studio.

    ReplyDelete