Thursday 5 June 2014

Rockin' with Elvis

Hi there.

I'm back again today with my third layout for Scrappy Chat Design's Cheeky Smiles Kit. I have now made three layouts but I could easily make another three. There are so many papers in this kit!

Here's my layout:


This is very much a light-hearted, fun layout. I love making these. I just go with what feels right.

The background is from the gorgeous Simple Stories DIY Boutique range that is in this month's kit. I framed the photo with the Boutique Newspaper paper then I punched circles and cut strips and chevrons from other papers in the kit to back it all.


Underneath the papers, I just gave a good spray with a white mist then added a small spray of the Tumble Dye from the kit. At the end, I covered the photo and flicked the Tumble Dye across the page. I added the enamel dots from the kit too.


Did you notice what I put under the photo? Yep, they're Bandz, or Loom Bands or whatever brand you want to call them . These were in the kit too! I love how there are sometimes unusual items like this that make me think outside the square!

I thought I'd try a different approach to making my title. To see what I did, head over to the Scrappy Chat Designs blog here.


I've really enjoyed using this month's kit and am looking forward to still playing with the rest!


Happy Scrappin'!

Heather



10 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous.. love the spotty back ground and that is a fun photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I absolutely love your fun and fabulous page! I especially like the happy photo! Your little details and design look amazing and add so much to the great photograph. I really like how you added the rainbow loom bands! My daughter would love that touch, too! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love this!!!! LOVING that fun photo, the colors and the paint!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun and funky page Heather. Lucky girl to meet Elvis the Pelvis! Love the camera and the enamel dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - fun pic, great colour palette and all the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, fun and fresh page! Your design is so great and is perfect for this fun page! So creative using the Loom Bandz...very cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright , happy layout. I like your title and how you have it in the bottom corner, looks great. I also love the strips of PP and layers under your photo. Going to see how you made your title. Have a wonderful weekend
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! And you'll be 1/2 way through a REALLY fun, exhausting time by now, I reckon - meeting a wonderful array of scrappy folk, no doubt & loving teaching & inspiring a bunch of LUCK peeps:):)!!!! If they do anything like this, they'll be THRILLED for sure:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout Heather, love the bold colours you've used here and the background effects. Hmmm loom bands please don't let this be another craze of scrapbooking ha ha ha. I suppose if every household is going mad with them we might just as well use them on our layouts. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool adding Loom bands to your layout, very original! Love your fun layout!

    ReplyDelete