Sunday 29 June 2014

One for my Hubby

Hi there,

To all you people enjoying warm weather at the moment, lap it up while you can. It's soooo cold here now!

Anyway, cold weather is perfect for scrapping so I've been hibernating in the scrap room. I had a wonderfully interesting mix of products to use from Scrap Everything and I've had a lot of fun experimenting with them.

Here's what I came up with:


I received a pack of the Manor House Wood Elements - 'Going Places' which is available here. These are very cute wooden words in circles, kind of like flairs. One of them said 'Epic' so I grabbed a photo that I took last week of my husband when he collected a huge mushroom from our paddock. This was the most epic thing we had seen for a while! Last week, I left the wood elements raw on my layout so this week I decided to paint this one. I also outlined the word in black pen then highlighted it in a Zig Wink of Stella clear pen. It's available here.

What's a Wink of Stella pen I hear you ask. That's what I wondered too. It turns out to be a pen that adds a gorgeous shimmer to whatever it writes on. It comes in colours but this one is clear which means I can add a shimmer to anything without changing the colour of the element. I used the pen on the word 'Epic', my arrows, my chevrons and I added a few simple stars around the page.


Do you like the cool arrow? I made that using a Sizzix Tim Holtz chevron die! It's available here. You can do amazing things with this die! In it's most basic form it cuts out negative and positive chevrons. I chose to cut up the negative shape and made the arrow with it. I then cut a yellow paper with the die and filled in the arrow head with a yellow chevron. The black chevrons were also made with the die.

I outlined the black chevrons with the Wink of Stella pen and coloured the orange/yellow arrow with it.

I hope you get to do a bit of hibernating and scrapping this week.

Happy scrappin'!

Heather


12 comments:

  1. This looks epic! That is an amazing mushie! Great male layout, love what you have done with that die, and the pen sounds like a fabulous thing to play with too! And yes keep warm it has turned a bit wintery up here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! LOVING the colors and the banner!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to do one for the hubby:) He has to be a good person, because you are!. Very nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Heather and I love that new pen, must get me one.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like both our hubbies made it to the page this week, lol. Love the mix of paints and embellishments perfect for a guys page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all - I saw Wink of Stella over at Yvonne Yam's blog....the latest thing, eh? Looks great...love the wood bits & most of all that painty strip bit AND the check banners...checks are one of my fave things in the world!!!! Great page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. magnificent heather , loving the background and your details , fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous boy page....love the styling and little bits! That mushroom is really so huge...could feed a whole family...and my next question is...is it edible? Love the background...very cool indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mushroom was definitely edible - we made mushroom sauce for pasta and steak!

      Delete
  9. I love this page! and I love the photo. The mushrooms are incredibles... Love the background.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather! Thank you for stopping by my blog & for your comment. I have popped over to return the favour and am now your newest follower! Loving what I see here, especially your gorgeous arty background (I love to get messy too!) Oh, I think I might need a Wink of Stella pen too! X

    ReplyDelete