Thursday 12 June 2014

New Dusty Attic Goodies!

Hi all,

Well I'm back from the Brisbane Expo all fired up and ready to scrap! I had a sensational time. It's amazing how much of the expo is about meeting or catching up with the wonderful people in this industry. I had a blast!

My first commitment upon my return was my next Dusty Attic layout. There are a heap of new release designs and they're awesome! I had bought this sheet of paper a couple of weeks ago and it just spoke to me as soon as I saw it. I knew that I wanted to create a design with a strong horizontal effect but that's all I knew. The paper has it's own title - Photographs - and comes complete with a couple of gorgeous quotes about photography. So that decided what the photo should be!

I then started fiddling with the wonderful new chipboard designs. They are so cool! To my surprise, I really liked the way it all looked bare so I decided to leave it that way. I simply added some stitching, a small amount of stamping, some words from the bar code strip on the paper and a few flicks of Mountain Meadow Dusty in Colour paint. This is a very clean and simple page for me but I love it! I figure if I love the chipboard and the paper the way they are then why change them?

Here's my layout:


And some details.





Products used:

Wildflower #2 DA1102

Flower Layers #6 DA1078

mini Blossoms DA1090

mini Cameras DA1038

Viewfinders DA1080

Dusty in Colour Mountain Meadow paint DA0916



Happy Scrappin'!

Heather






10 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! So sorry I did not get to see you at the show but it was so busy! I hope you had a marvellous time. I love this layout just the way it is. The chipboard pieces look wonderful, love the flourish across your page. Great background paper too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally with you....on FB it looked stunning - no less here...I think it's cos the pp is quite strong...it showcases the chippy beautifully:):) Glad you had a good time in QLD....back to reality now, eh???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous! LOVING the chipboard and the stitching!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design Heather, the chipboard is wonderful.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of bare chipboard too heather. I think this page is stunning just the way it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is fabulous, great chippies too, Looks like you had a fabulous time at the Expo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this layout Heather...clean, simple.....Just Perfect. The stitching combined with the chipboard looks fabulous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow...how amazing is this page! I love the clean design and the gorgeous raw chippies! Absolutely love this one! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this crisp, fresh page with the strong design features. :D

    ReplyDelete