Monday 23 June 2014

Feeling Nostalgic

Hi there,

I'm back with a new layout for Scrap Everything. I used a gorgeous pic I took while holidaying with my family in Mykonos a few years ago and am feeling very nostalgic. What a fabulous place!

Here's my layout:


Aren't those Manor House Creations Wood Elements stunning? The Memories frame is available here and the stamps are available here. I simply left them raw. I love the natural, rustic look this gives the page.

 

I just cut scraps of paper - nearly all the paper on this layout is Maja paper - to fit the stamps. This is so easy yet very effective.


Scrap Everything are also selling these amazing Tim Holtz framework dies. The one I used here is a chevron but there are other styles available. Framework dies can be used in several ways. They cut both positive and negative shapes and can be linked together to form continuous shapes. In this layout I have used the inside shapes which are standard chevrons. Framework dies are handmade and can cut through paper, material and plastic. The die is available here.


To make the word "Mykonos" I used a stencil to paint it then outlined it in a new Zig Artist Sketching Pen. I love the tip on this - it's perfect for journalling and is available here.


Thanks for dropping in for a look. 

Happy Scrappin'!

Heather

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You asked if my page had real spoons? No. . . they were scrapbook embellishments from the Paper Studio (wood spoons):)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous page Heather, wonderful use of embellishments.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love this! LOVING the frames!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute page and cute idea frame the script print, they are like wee little postcards!!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous travel page - makes me want to go there right now! Love the Manor House frame. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful.. love your little wood frames.. and love the outlined title too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful page, and yes love photos of your trip to a wonderful place..... love the framework and the chevrons look great too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous design Heather! Love this page...and the woodies are perfect! Gorgeous photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your message. You really have put together a beautiful layout with so many wonderful textures and layers. A lovely way to remember your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do love this layout! Those wood frames are lovely & I adore what you've done with them! Simply love everything about this page :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather this is just gorgeous. What a stunning pic too... on my bucket list. Fabulous background and gorgeous colours and I love how you did the title.....

    ReplyDelete