Friday 28 September 2012

Hambly Overlay Mini Album

Ohhh, I've been struck down with the dreaded lurgy this week. Never mind - I'm not so sick that I can't scrap!

I received a lovely bundle of goodies from Katherine at Scrap Everything! and among them were these Hambly Overlays. I loved the thought of making a mini album with them but knew their transparency would be a challenge. I thought about different ways to approach it but decided in the end that the KISS approach was the best. I simply backed each photo with exactly the same sized paper so that each page wasn't affected by the pages before or after it. I like the way the overlays still allowed a glimpse of the upcoming pages though. I thought the tree trunk pattern on them worked really well with the Picnic in the Park theme.

Here's the cover:



I just love that red rose ribbon!

My family visited my brother's family in Perth recently and I had lots of lovely photos of us all together so a mini album was perfect for these. I journalled the story inside the front cover.



I alternated pages between the brown trunk pattern overlay and the cream one for a more interesting effect. A really cool idea would be to make every page from a different overlay.





There's that gorgous rose ribbon again!


The wooden KaiserCraft balloon is from my tutorial. I decided to put it to good use!

The back page still had to be covered with the same size piece of paper to hide the work behind it, but I didn't want a photo on the outside where it would get damaged, so I chose a colourful piece of paper and used it to place "Handmade by Heather with Love". I could also have put dates here or other relevant details.



For extra impact, I chose bright, coordinating ribbons to hold the pages together. Far more interesting than plain rings!

Hope you have a great weekend.


9 comments:

  1. I love your little booklet Heather and the colours and bright happy photos make it something to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun album the kids will treasure when they are grown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mini-album! Keep meaning to do one! You've inspired me to put it further up my list! Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little album Heather! You are very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Heather, thanks you for your comment on my blog and I've now noted where the photo was taken - I knew I should have but forgot. It's at the inland Botanic Gardens in Mildura-Wentworth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous mini album, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather ...
    You did a lovely mini!!
    So full of details; loved.
    A hug

    ReplyDelete